Do you ever wish you could go back and fix things that you’ve done wrong to your blog? Well, for many bloggers, this is a great chance to see where you might have went wrong. It’s also excellent for future blogers thinking about running their own blog.
A great post has been started at the ProBlogger “If I had to start my blog again, things I’d do differently“. Pretty much folks posting about things they’d do differently. I’ve decided to do the same as I am sure I can find just a few things I did wrong.
Some things I would do differently are;
1. Hire a designer to design my blog and not waste hours of my time fixing, tweaking and going mad when something goes wrong. It’s just not worth it, unless you love tweaking things until your hair leaves your had.
2. Choosing the style and content before spilling my guts on the blog. I found this to be true. Don’t rush to write 20 posts a day. We all have a lot to say and when we rush and just blabber, things come out wrong.
3. Keep every post as short as possible, yet cover everything you want to say. Blogs are different from newsletters. People usually visit more than 10 blogs a day and most do not like those long, long posts that usually just blabber about the author.
4. Right away make sure that the size of the words are large enough for the reader to have a comfortable read. When I started this blog, the style of the letters and size was off for me. I had to manually go and change the code a little. (For a programmer this is a joke of a job, for a marketer …. this is a nuclear programming task)
5. Hosting my blog on this address http://www.bizmord.com/Blog notice the capital “B”. Now I have to do a redirect in case people type the address with a lower case “b” in a word blog.
If anyone has more suggestions about this blog, please feel free to let me know here or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org